Why The Best Relationships Start With Friendship
Published on 10 Apr 2022
Leave a comment
When someone says ‘Can we just be friends?’, it may hurt as hell but being friend-zoned doesn't mean the end of the potential for a loving relationship in the future. Just bide your time and ride it out, get to know each other and see where this wild adventure takes you.
As London's number one host for speed dating and singles events, DateinaDash is here to help explain why the best relationships start with a solid friendship.
● As friends you'll realise they are trustworthy, dependable and a good character. This is a really strong and important foundation for any future relationship.
● Friendships give the advantage of time and space to grow and flourish together with no pressure or expectation that anything comes of it.
● There's little risk of having your heart broken as there's no need to let people into your feelings and expose your vulnerability when you're only friends.
● You can enjoy being able to relax and be yourself, not worrying about being in a relationship and all of the pressures that this brings.
● You have the opportunity to understand each other, getting to know all of their personality traits, both good as well as their shortcomings. The same will apply with them.
● You can see other people. This is because you're not tied to them or obliged to fill them in on your dating life.
● Friendship is super important even after you begin a relationship so by being just friends you're setting yourself up in good stead should things develop in time.
● You can be your real self with no pretending, embracing your quirks and everything that's great about yourself.
● There's no need to try and be accepted. if they are ‘the One’ they’ll love you, and everything about you, including The Good the Bad and the Ugly.
So there we have it, Dateinadash’s top reasons why being friends is a fantastic foundation for any relationship. The next time you hear ‘Let's just be friends’ remember it isn't such a bad statement, so embrace it and see where it might lead you! We know what we’re talking about.
As speed dating and singles events specialists in the capital, do you know we celebrate all types of relationships? We offer a ‘Friend Match’ option at all of our events which allows you to connect with someone as a friend, rather than a love interest, after any of our London based singles events or speed dating sessions in the city. It doesn’t get much better than that, does it?
No comments on this post