Social Distancing Date Ideas
Published on 26 Apr 2020
Leave a comment
OK, it seems as if were going to be stuck at home for a few more weeks yet so lets make the most of our time while staying safe! As London's most loved speed dating company, Dateinadash are on hand, as we always are, to help you in the world of dating.
Putting our time to good use, weve compiled a top 7 list of date ideas which takes social distancing to the max all while having fun at the same time!
1. If you havent seen before, take a look at virtual tours! If you have an interest in the arts and culture, why not check our a virtual museum tour for an interactive experience from your sofa? Likewise the National Trust and other significant places of interest also have virtual tours available to watch for free from the comfort of your own home. Finally, Longleat and other large animal parks have virtual tours available for you to enjoy without having to pay the admission charges or leave your house.
But how does this work during lockdown? Why not get you and your fellow speed dater to logon online and view the tour at the same time together for a more immersive and coherent date? You can ask questions, discuss various points of the tour as you go around and maybe, just maybe it will inspire you both take a visit when the lockdown is over and things return back to normal.
2. If you love music and the arts why not watch concert via YouTube or any other platform offering music performances? Many artists are now recording performances in their own homes and even collaborating together with their bands with a multi-screen function for you to enjoy! Likewise many artists have uploaded full of concerts both now and previously in time.
What's more, why not check out a set at Glastonbury, re-watch Queen at Wembley Stadium from 1986, or search for something more recent and in line with your own musical tastes! As always, there is oodles of content out there- just find what you fancy and enjoy it together.
3. Next, if you have access to Google docs, why not take a look at a virtual escape room? The hype around physical escape rooms has been taking over the country for the last few years so why not enjoy the mystery and immersive problem-solving from the comfort of your home?
In Pennsylvania, USA, the Peter's Township Public Library have created a Harry Potter themed escape room using Google Docs! We are certain there are others available online; just take your pick and try something new.
4. Take Netflix and chill to a whole new level! If you havent already tried it, services such as Netflix Party is a great tool to stay in contact with others while watching something at the same time. A simple chrome extension on your PC, iPad or phone allows you to sync up your Netflix account and view whatever you're watching alongside the chat function on the side so that you can discuss the film, documentary or drama you both watch together.
5. Next, get creative! If you are artsy or creative-minded why not plan a project to do with your speed dater over video chat? Try out relaxing adult colouring, or think about drawing or painting something you both agree on. Obviously what you choose to do will be determined by the supplies you have at home but get creative and have fun. Thankfully, through social distancing a lot of free online resources are now available to keep you entertained while you chat. After a set period of time, why not show each other what youve created and give some feedback. Just dont forget; art is subjective so dont be too hard on your fellow speed dater, now's the time to be kind!
6. Why not give retro games a try? Unless you are both into online gaming, Dateinadash suggest you go old school and dig out some simple puzzles and games to try out. Maybe try a crossword puzzle together or give Scrabble a go! Of course, another great idea could be the childhood classic, Battleships just interactively this time!
7. Last but by no means least, why not share a drink or dinner? While some people may not wish to eat on camera (this is totally fine- we get it) why not pour yourself a drink and have a virtual drinks date on camera? As we said before, get dressed up, sort your hair, put your lippy on (as if you were ready to go out on a physical date), and enjoy some time to unwind and chat. Enjoy the banter as if you were sat opposite your fellow speed dater and make the most of this odd situation.
If you are single and looking for love, lets Dateinadash help you find your ideal match. We are now offering London virtual speed dating events across the capital which allow you to meet, chat and flirt with 15 to 20 like-minded singles. Whats not to love?
Take a look at our Upcoming Events here. We look forward to see you soon, albeit virtually for the time being, and wishing you all the best on your date! Stay safe, stay at home from everyone at Dateinadash.
No comments on this post