If we’ve heard it once, we’ve heard it a million times- ‘New Year, New Me’ but this month has proved this saying to be spot on. For many in the dating world, Sunday 6th January was meant to be the best day to find love. Dubbed ‘Singles Sunday’ or ‘Dating Sunday’, this day is the busiest online dating day of the year so far, according to several dating websites and apps. But it hasn’t been true for us here at Dateinadash, London’s number 1 speed dating company.
For us, it was actually the Friday before! We were super excited to witness a bumper amount of website traffic as the singles of London scoured the World Wide Web in the pursuit of love and finding their perfect match. As they took advantage of the upcoming weekend, many singles were on the hunt for exciting, fun events designed with singletons in mind.
True to our word and always at the forefront of all things dating, all across our ever growing website and social media, Dateinadash were happy to shout about our fantastic range of singles events and speed dating evenings across the capital for speed daters, both old and new. With the New Year in full swing, many singles would have been nursing a hangover, recovering from a breakup or looking to crack on with their New Year’s resolutions and that’s where we’re here to help.
With brand new ideas and concepts, lots of exciting upcoming events and the same great team of speed dating hosts, Dateinadash are on hand to help you find love in 2019!
7 reasons why January is the best month for dating in London
1) As people enjoy their well deserved Christmas and New Year holidays, there’s a significant spike in website traffic which means there’s more chance of meeting your ideal match. It’s not just gyms that capitalise on New Year’s resolutions; the dating world is a haven for those singletons looking for love, a little fun or just some great company!
2) After the twinkly romance of Christmas and the over-indulging, January can feel like a bleak, endless month. But it’s not all doom and gloom! Forget the five week slog until pay day and turn your mind to finding love. Meeting likeminded people in the city will soon make you smile from ear to ear and look forward to a long and happy year ahead of you.
3) January is a fresh start- in every way. Ditch your ‘types’ and be confident in yourself to try something new. Jot down ideas of ways you’d like to bring new and exciting people into your world. 2019 is a new year and a new chapter in your life- fill it full of dating successes and exciting dates. And don’t forget, keep focused and keep looking ahead; that’s where you’re heading this month!
4) Keeping warm and embracing the winter wonderland is the key to happiness in January. Is it just us or are dates in the winter so romantic? It is cold outside, making it the perfect time to hold hands. Instead of staying indoors, why not unleash your flirty side and organise a great date with your new love interest? Attend a wine tasting event, (or maybe even whisky- tasting if that’s more your thing!), watch a sports event or cosy up in the cinema and watch one of the latest releases in the capital.
5) In addition to agreeing to more dates in 2019, here at Dateinadash we think it’s wise to say "Yes" to more social events. However you spend your days, your next romance could be waiting for you out in the wild at that party your friend invited you to. But more than likely, you’ll find some super cool and like minded singleton at one of our London speed dating events and the rest will be history!
So, get out there and start socializing right now! Head over to our Upcoming Events page to find out more about our fantastic range of speed dating events in London.
6) Dating in January could mean that come February you’ll be feeling the love- just in time for Valentine’s Day! So, why not start your year in the most optimistic light? Get yourself down to one of our many singles nights and London speed dating events for guaranteed fun, flirting, and great company! If you believe that 2019 is your year to find true love and approach it head on, you never know what might happen!
7) While it’s great to have some solid dating goals laid out for the year, it’s very important to make time for yourself. You never know when your singledom stint will end and your next love story will begin. With this in mind, try to enjoy your current relationship status. Flirt with whoever you want to, do things which make you happy and enjoy having the bed to yourself! Your time will come. But until then, don’t give up but rather, relax and embrace loving yourself! January is the perfect time to find love, be it with another singleton or yourself.