7 Date Ideas On The Water
Published on 26 May 2019
Leave a comment
With summer fast approaching, theres no better time to get out and about and exploring our wonderful capital! Im sure its not only the Dateinadash team who get a permanent smile on our faces when the sun is out? Anyway with this glorious weather upon us, weve handpicked some fantastic date ideas for dates on the water. Ideal for a good first date weve got various activities to enjoy during the upcoming summer months.
1. First up we suggest hiring a canoe or kayak and going on an adventure. We think that going kayaking is one of the more unique first date ideas for a variety of reasons! Obviously, getting out on the water is an active first date which can be appealing to both men and women. Whats more, a water based workout + date = two birds, one stone!
This is also a great idea for a first date as most rental places offer single or tandem kayaks. This means you can either bring out your more competitive side or you can go together for a more picturesque view while getting up close and personal. You most likely will also work up an appetite with all the paddling so be sure to grab a cocktail and some appetizers afterward at a local hot spot. Whether you stay in the capital or venture a little further afield, a water based adventure is sure to raise the temperature rising, for all the right reasons!
2. Hottug... OK, we understand this one may sound a little odd but its essentially a hot tub in the Thames! A unique yet fun experience in the heart of central London, the Hottug is an electric, self-drive, wood-fired hot tub.
If thats not enough to get you signed up, the best part about the Hottug is its available all year round thanks to the fresh water heated to a soothing 38 C/ 100.4 F, each and every time. Ideal for a first date, the Hottug experience is definitely one youll remember for a long time yet. So, if youre looking for something different to do in London, then this is a must!
3. Next up is something thats making a splash! OK, so its not in the capital itself but a short distance away in Berkshire or Surrey, but we dont think youll mind when you see just how much fun it is!
Why not head to Windsor, Berkshire for the Worlds Number One water sports and activity park! Liquid Leisure is home to Europes Largest Aqua Park and the first official Ninja Warrior UK Aqua Park, set on one of the most beautiful private freshwater lakes amongst stunning parkland in the heart of Berkshire.
With options including wakeboarding on our world leading cable water sports lake, clambering across our floating obstacle courses, enjoying our boat activities, relaxing on the largest beach resort in Berkshire, enjoying live sports and entertainment in our bar, theres something for everyone. This makes Liquid Leisure the perfect place to enjoy a day out with your new date!
Alternatively, the park in Shepperton Surrey is set on a beautiful private freshwater lake next to Ash Link Nature Reserve. With the option to clamber across a 400sqft floating obstacle course, Stand Up Paddleboard or just relax and relish the setting, there is something here for everyone to enjoy.
4. If you love the water and still love to party, weve got just the thing for you. Pop on your dancing shoes and get ready to party on a Thames disco cruise through the heart of the capital. A guaranteed fun filled night of drinks, dancing and good vibes, nows the time to grab your gorgeous date and show them your moves.
Ideal if youre looking for an unusual and memorable night out on the water, here at Dateinadash, Londons #1 speed dating company, we think theres no better way to bring the party atmosphere out onto the water of the iconic Thames all while soaking up the sights and views of this beautiful city.
5. Next, why not hire a RIB boat for a fast, fun and safe trip along the Thames?! Choose a confident and experienced skipper and youll be on your way to a fantastic date. See oodles of famous London landmarks and enjoy a special guided tour from the water when you choose this unique mode of transport!
For anyone and everyone who wants to see the capitals most famous sights with all the added thrills and spills of racing a RIB boat, this is the perfect first date in our eyes!
6. Furthermore, wild swimming has definitely got to be up there for unique water based first dates, right? Wild swimming is essentially swimming outdoors in natural spaces, such as rivers, lakes or the sea. It has seen a surge in popularity in recent years with more and more people taking to the water on a regular basis.
But why has wild swimming become so popular? We think its because more and more people want to escape the hustle and bustle of daily London life and want to feel at home with nature. What better way than to wild swim in our fantastic waters and feel truly alive?! Just make sure your date is a confident swimmer and dont forget to stick together guys and girls!
7. Last but by no means least weve got two amazing roof top pools which you wont even believe are in London! First up, set on the seventh floor of the luxury Knightsbridge Berkeley hotel, theres a striking rooftop pool beautifully tiled in white and gold mosaic that you wont think you are in England! Swim in sunshine when the weather heats up and the pool is uncovered, while healthy treats and sun loungers designed by architect Spencer Fung are available poolside with views of west London.
Secondly, Shoreditch House members and hotel guests can use the lush pool - most choose to lounge around lapping up rare London sun on the red and white candy striped day beds, aperol spritzes in hand. Seriously, could it get any better? Nope, we dont think so.
Of course, if you are single and looking to mingle, weve got just what you need. An array of singles and speed dating events in London await you and we cannot wait to show you a good time in the capital. Check out our Speed Dating events and see what all the fuss is about! Well guarantee you a great night out and the chance to meet up with a mixture of like minded gorgeous singletons from across the capital. Heres to finding love on the water! We look forward to seeing you very soon.
No comments on this post